~ Grove ~
8439 Holtzclaw Road, Warrenton, VA 20186
“GROVE” History: The house was built about 1820 by a Dr. Samuel Blight for his bride Georgiana. The house was 3 stories with a deep basement. It was built of locally made brick.
Sometime in 1867 it was partially burned but was rebuilt by Dr. Blight and called “VERSAILLES”. Richard Cooper later bought the house. During his ownership, a storm blew off the roof. At that time the third story was eliminated and the house was stuccoed.
In 1919 the house was purchased by W. H. Pool. The house was originally a large hall with formal staircase and two rooms to the left on each floor. Mr. Pool enlarged the house by adding wings on both sides of the house and added the tenant house and stables in 1920. The house is still in his family today. Additional 100 acres available in easement $750,000.
This information is well sourced and believed to be accurate but should be verified by interested parties.
VAFQ159654 / Reduced $225,000 to $975,000
Allen Real Estate Co., Ltd.
"All The Best"
In The Historic District