Allen Real Estate Co., Ltd.

 63 acres bordered with the Rappahannock River and Carter Run

Leeds Manor Road, Marshall, VA 20115

Davis Rapp house

Adjacent to hundreds of acres of protected land with approx. 3000 feet of waterfront on the Rappahannock River and Carter Run and over 1200 feet of road front on Leeds Manor Road, a designated Virginia Scenic Byway, and across the road from a delightful vineyard. Much history including Civil War encampments and the believed site of a Tanxnitania Indian village. The village is located on a map drawn by Capt. John Smith C 1605.  General Lee’s troops were camped here in 1862 on his way to the Second Battle of Manassas.  The confluence of Carter Run and the Rappahannock River was the end of a canal that stretched 51 miles to Fredericksburg and took 20 years to build and was completed in 1849.  There was quite a thriving village called Waterloo but in the winter of 1861-62 General Pope torn down most of the buildings to provide shacks for his troops.  In 1853 the last river barge was tied up at the bridge as railroads put river canals out of business.  In 1954 the sunken remains of the barge were discovered during a drought and it is now in the Scottsville Museum.  The lister has pictures of the barge and of artifacts found on the property.  A very private building site at an ancient homestead overlooking most of the land. There is a AOSE certificate letter available from the Health Department stating approval of soils for a 4 bedroom house. This property is protected by a VOF easement and cannot be subdivided. Please respect the current corn crop Call Lister for appointment to drive on the land. Verify availability of utilities.

VAFQ161716 / Reduced to $480,000

 

Weeks View Weeks view
Weeks View Weeks view
Weeks View Weeks view

Allen Real Estate Logo

Allen Real Estate Co., Ltd.

"All The Best"
Office:  (540) 347-3838 / (800) 347-3834  FAX:  (540) 347-5355

www.allenrealestate.com   

E-Mail:  jkallenjr@allenrealestate.com

In The Historic District

hunt scene