Allen Real Estate Co., Ltd.

Wonderful 150 acre estate off Springs Road

8457 Oaks Road, Warrenton, VA 20186

Click below for aerial video tour of "The Oaksl"


The Oaks house

The Oaks, Circa 1931 is a stunning example of a Neoclassical style mansion. The home is built of rubbed and glazed brick in an unusual English cross-band pattern on a stone foundation and has seven corbeled, double-end parapet brick chimneys and a slate gable roof. The front porch is a classic Revival-style portico with a herringbone brick floor and four extraordinary fluted Tower of Winds columns on limestone bases. The Federal-style front entrance is embellished with fluted pilasters, leaded glass sidelights and a leaded fan light. Most windows and doors have limestone sills and keystones. A four-bay arcade connects the three car garage which has a 2-br apartment above and a large English-style greenhouse. The rear elevation features a 60', two story, Greek Revival-style porch with a purple and green slate flagstone floor. French doors open on to the porch from the east Dining room and west Library wings. Cool summer evenings on the porch provide beautiful views out over the grounds and 150-acres of rolling Virginia Hunt Country. One enters the front into a 16x28 Grand Hall with a palatial stairway with mahogony bannisters that leads to a landing with an exceptional Palladian Window and then up to the second floor. There is a powder room and a concealed elegant back staircase that leads to all four floors. From the Grand Hall, one turns left into the 20x32 library with rare red gum paneling, bookcases, and doors and a fireplace. From the Grand Hall to the right is the 19x20 drawing room with fireplace, then a cozy pine paneled den with fireplace before entering the 30x20 dining room with fireplace and coveted Zuber wallpaper. The kitchen complex is next with a 16x9 butler's pantry, 20x10 cooking area and 12x12 farm office. All with beautiful glass-front cabinetry and undercounter cabinets. The first floor fetures random width, wide plank oak floors, second floor has white oak floors, and the third has Alabama pine floors. On the second floor one finds four spacious bedrooms each with fireplace and private bath. On the third level there are three charming bedrooms and one hall bath. All together there are twenty two rooms, six bathrooms, twenty four closets and ten fireplaces. The wonderful grounds offer an 18th century feel with vast green lawns, a lily pond with cast stone fountain, a log cabin purportedly salvaged from the big house that was burned by the Yankees from 1929-1934 , meat house, pool with bath house with full kitchen, bath and changing room, many flowering shrubs, hollies, magnolia, dogwood and oaks and cedar trees. There are two cottages, each with two bedrooms, a barn and high on a hill - a covered, open stone summer house for watching the Virginia Gold Cup races. This historic property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and the Va Landmarks Commission and is protected by a Va Outdoor Foundation easement allowing only two divisions. In the wooded section is the site of the last dual fought in Northern Virginia in 1881. The Oaks is located on Springs Road in an area widely protected by conservation easement, one mile from the historic Fauquier Springs Country Club and the Scenic Rappahannock River.


VAFQ2005244 / $5.700,000

The Oaks View The Oaks view
The Oaks family room The Oaks dining room The Oaks library The Oaks master bedroom
The Oaks family room The Oaks dining room The Oaks library The Oaks master bedroom
The Oaks family room The Oaks dining room The Oaks library The Oaks master bedroom
The Oaks family room The Oaks dining room The Oaks library The Oaks master bedroom
The Oaks family room The Oaks dining room The Oaks library The Oaks master bedroom

Allen Real Estate Logo

Allen Real Estate Co., Ltd.

"All The Best"
Office:  (540) 347-3838 / (800) 347-3834  FAX:  (540) 347-5355

www.allenrealestate.com   

E-Mail:  jkallenjr@allenrealestate.com

In The Historic District

hunt scene